Ideas for Prizes and Incentives
Spicing up your workplace is one way to make the United Way Workplace Campaign more exciting.
The number of ways an incentive can be used is limitless. The important thing is to use incentives as a tool to increase participation or increase the average gift of your employees. What works in one company many not work in yours, so do whatever works for you.
Date Incentives: "Early Bird" draws are used to motivated employees to turn in their pledge cards by a specified date. They are also used to build excitement.
eg: "Employees" who return their pledge form by (date) are entered into a drawing to win (prize).
Increase Donation Incentives: Donors who increase their donation by (x amount) will receive a (prize) OR are entered into a draw to win a prize.
No Cost Incentives
- jeans day
- reserved/special parking
- sleep-in late awards
- car washed by the boss or co-worker
- prizes or gift certificates donated by vendors
- managers do the winners job for an hour/day
Low Cost Incentives
- call in "well" day
- movie tickets/lunch gift certificate
- lottery tickets
- 2 hour lunch break
- traveling trophy
- United Way logo materials
- lunch with the boss day
- flower/cookies each month for a year
Gold Ticket Swag
- golf lessons or free rounds of golf
- chair massages
- weekend get-a-ways
- tickets for special events
- airline tickets or frequent flyer miles